#seeyoursg - Jurong
We believe that each neighbourhood is unique with its own story to tell. Beyond historical records and masterplans, there is often another dimension to the stories of that neighbourhood, one that transcends facts and crafted out of perception and imagination – that of myths and urban legends.
In this trail, participants will begin to see Jurong with new lenses, both literally and figuratively. Through the “viewing & recording device” that each participant will handle, hidden myths and narratives will be revealed to the participants as reality and perception collide along the journey and at each stop of the trail. Participants will also be invited to create and record their own narratives of the neighbourhood - which they can then contribute to the exhibition wall at the end of their trail.
Through this process of both seeing and creating, we invite you to see Singapore's neighbourhoods in a completely new way.
For more: shophouseandco.com/seeyoursg
[ Trail Advisory ]
- Recommended for ages 12 and up. Do note that this trail route includes segments of uneven walking surfaces and steps, and walking distances of up to 10 minutes in between stops. Participants are advised to dress comfortably.
- Note that this is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather, a decision will be made by the organisers to either proceed with a wet-weather plan or to cancel the programme.
- There are 10 slots of identical trails, each lasting approximately 75 minutes. Please arrive 10 minutes before the trail start time for registration. Organisers reserve the right to not allow latecomers to join the trail.
- Attendees will be contacted via the Peatix app or email for further information
A commission for Arts in Your Neighbourhood.
Arts in Your Neighbourhood is a programme by the National Arts Council. This programme aims to provide enriching arts experiences for everyone at their doorsteps, and consists of interactive arts programmes by established artists and arts groups held at various spaces across the island.
Visit http://artsforall.sg/AYN for more information
About Shophouse & Co
Shophouse & Co is a placemaking and curatorial studio that helps clients catalyse urban spaces and communities through programmes and interventions. Beyond working on urban developments and spaces, the studio have also curated and produced large scale public programmes and trails to activate the city such as Archifest – a festival of ideas for the city (2012-2013), and Design Trails for Singapore Design Week (2013-2017).
About the artist, Mintio
Mintio's (b. 1986, Singapore) art practice focuses on lens and time-based medias. She is currently the director of artist collective and social enterprise Ketemu Project, based in Singapore and Indonesia. Trained in the foundations of photography and cinematography, Mintio uses these two mediums to condense space and time, constructing fantastical spaces and other-worlds in her artworks.
- The event description was updated. Diff#290759 2017-10-30 04:40:42
10:00 AM - 6:20 PM SGT
Trail 1 - 10:00 am to 11:15 am FULL Trail 2 - 10:15 am to 11:30 am FULL Trail 3 - 10:30 am to 11:45 am FULL Trail 4 - 10:45 am to 12:00 pm FULL Trail 5 - 11:00 am to 12:15 pm FULL Trail 6 - 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm FULL Trail 7 - 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm FULL Trail 8- 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm FULL Trail 9 - 4:45 pm to 6:00 pm FULL Trail 10 - 5:00 pm to 6:15 pm FULL
- Venue Address
- Jurong Regional Library, 21 Jurong East Central 1, 609732 Singapore
Nearest MRT station: Jurong East. Library is located beside JCube. Start/End point of trail will be at Programme Zone (Level 1) of Jurong Regional Library.
Shophouse & Co.1,491 Followers